Robert Fornell American studio pottery stoneware Japanese tea ceremony mizusashi
A very fine mizusashi or cold water storage jar for the Japanese tea ceremony by leading American potter Robert Fornell. Semi-matt Iron glaze with colour variation from dark black to golden yellow, giving and interesting "keshiki" landscape. Comes with original signed and sealed wooden storage box. Potter's mark to the underside.
Dimensions (approximate): 18cm x 16cm. Robert Fornell is a leading American potter and one of the best Western ceramic artists working in the Japanese taste. This is a very good example of his work in tea wares.
This item is in the category "Pottery, Ceramics & Glass\Decorative Pottery, Ceramics & Glass\Vases". The seller is "jorrocks1945" and is located in this country: GB.
This item can be shipped to North, South, or Latin America, all countries in Europe, all countries in continental Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, Reunion, South Africa.
- Origin: Seattle, Washington
- Signed: Yes
- Material: Ceramic, Clay, Stoneware
- Additional Parts Required: No
- Subject: Tea Ceremony
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Brand: Studio
- Type: Mizusashi
- Era: 21st Century (2000-Now)
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Packaging: Box
- Style: Japanese
- Theme: Tea Ceremony, American, Art, Japanese, Studio
- Production Style: Art Pottery
- Time Period Manufactured: 2010-2019
- Production Technique: Pottery
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Handmade: Yes